Here I am again, back home after a few days of vacation. Like every year, the holidays have had a horrific effect on my weight when I stood on the scale, even though I swore that this time I would not surrender to all those delicious sweets. Living abroad, I have developed a sort of nostalgia for Italian food. What can I say? I’ve never said no to anything and I’ve enjoyed all the great dishes of the Italian kitchen. As always, I use my posts as a way to reinforce the objectives that I have in my head: As of today, I will start a DETOX program, an absolute necessity after all those heavy holiday meals. It will help me to get rid of those 2 extra kilos I gained. However, this is not the only reason for my diet; I found out that 3 days of DETOX can rebalance our organism resulting in positive effects for the skin and the digestion organs. To clean the body and loose those extra kilos we carry with us, it’s very important to drink a lot of water and lots of herbal tea.
For a few months now, after I wake up, I drink a cup of heated water and lemon. I add a spoon of honey to make it sweeter so it has the same taste as a herbal tea. The water needs to be warm, because cold water would create a shock for the intestine. You should take ¼ to ½ lemon a day. These are the benefits of starting your day with lemon:
- It strengtens the immune system, lemon contains lots of vitamin C
- Balances the PH: drinking water with lemon every day reduces the total amount of your body acidity
- It helps to lose weight: Lemons are rich of pectin fiber, which helps to fight hunger
- It helps digestion
- It isa diuretic
- It cleanthe skin: The vitamin C helps to prevent wrinkles
- It freshens the breath
- It prevent respiratory problems: hot lemon water helps to get rid of lung infection sand stops the annoying cough.